Monday, July 22, 2013

Getting ready for baby, part 2 (girls' room)

So, I'm finally posting pictures of the girls room. Mind you, we actually did all of this the week before we left for vacation. This has got to be a record hold out for me! It took 4 adults 8 hours to get the kid's rooms switched around. Luke had the bigger room, and whomever was going to have to share would be the ones to get the bigger room. Obviously. (Evan's original nursery is here)

When you come down the hall, this is what you see. Evan has done great in her big girl bed. Only in the last week have I really had trouble with her getting out of bed to play after I tuck her in. She's learned how to turn on the lamp on her night stand, so I frequently find her reading in her chair or playing with her babies.

 
The last couple of nights have been better though. Right before I leave her room we go through all the things she likes to play with and say "nooooo" to them. "Do you get out of bed and read stories?" "Noooooo." "Do you get out of bed and play stroller?" "Nooooooo." It seems to help to go over these VERY SPECIFIC rules.
 
I'm a teacher at heart. What can I say.
 

Coming into the room you see the crib on the same wall. Does the bedding look familiar? ;) I just finished Elyse's name this week, and I'm not sure how I want to actually attach it to the walls. I hand painted Luke's name for his nursery. I did Evan's name in fabric which was used throughout the room. Elyse's name is scrapbook paper decoupage to wooden letters. I like that each kid has a different technique and a totally different look. 

 
And this is the final corner. The dresser is the only thing that didn't get moved in this whole process. Mostly because I didn't want to deal with trying to hang that mirror somewhere else. And look at those ruffly curtains! So unlike me, but looks so good with everything else.

Closer up of Elyse's space. Yes for now I have Evan's birth stats pillow in her bed, but only until she's born. Swearsies. And it may not look like it in this picture, but there is actually enough space on either side of the crib for there to be room for her twin sized bed (eventually). Whoo hoo for no more furniture moving!
 
 
Yes, it's a lot of stuff in a little space. But that's what happens when you put two girls in one room. The only thing that makes me a little nervous is knowing how much stuff a little person accumulates, and at least Elyse's brother and sister were starting with a semi blank slate when they were born. The good thing about small spaces: it forces you to be thoughtful about what goes in, so you don't end up with a ton of useless junk!

No comments: